Street Date: March 20, 2012
BURBANK, Calif., January 19, 2012 –– One of the year’s best-loved family comedies and among the best reviewed films of 2011, Disney’s “The Muppets,” starring Jason Segel, Academy Award®-nominee Amy Adams, and favorite celebrity couple Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy -- debuts March 20 on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD, Digital Download and On-Demand formats. A must-own movie the entire family can enjoy, Disney’s “The Muppets” in-home release includes the DVD and music soundtrack packaged together and also offered as the ultimate Muppets experience, a ‘Wocka-Wocka Value Pack,’ which contains the movie on Blu-ray high definition, DVD and Digital Copy (three discs), plus a download card which allows fans to own all the songs from the film’s hugely popular soundtrack.
Disney’s “The Muppets” Blu-ray Combo Pack, with its flawless picture and pitch perfect sound, comes with a fantastic slate of bonus content including the laugh out loud “The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think).” The exciting release also includes the hilarious featurette “A Little Screen Test on the Way to the Read Through,” which follows Jason Segel, Kermit, The Great Gonzo, Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy and others as they get ready for the first day of production, and much more fun.
“Blu-ray is a great way to bring the Muppets into your home without having to worry about cleaning up after us,” said Kermit the Frog, commenting on the announcement. “And the behind-the-scenes extras are a revealing tell-all look at what it took to bring our movie to the big screen. It’s a must-see for fans of bloopers, flubs and slip-ups – which pretty much describes our act.”
Miss Piggy is equally thrilled at the movie’s Blu-ray release, “Now you can watch moi whenever you want! Ooh! Lucky vous!”
Additional fun-filled features on Disney’s “The Muppets” Blu-ray include a groundbreaking industry first -- ‘Disney Intermission,’ a hilarious all-new feature that allows viewers to press Pause on their remote control and watch as the Muppets take over the screen and entertain until the movie resumes playing. The release also includes “Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song,” an extended version of the rollicking rap song by villain Tex Richman (Academy Award® winner Chris Cooper) who provides the hilarious backstory of why he hates the Muppets. Audio commentaries with screenwriter and star Jason Segel, director James Bobin and screenwriter Nicholas Stoller are also included.
With the Muppet’s signature irreverent comedy, songs and dancing, Muppet fans of all ages will cheer as the gang reunites to put on a benefit show to save the crumbling Muppet Studios from being razed by nefarious oil baron Tex Richman. New fans and long-time devotees will find the rainbow connection when they bring Disney’s “The Muppets” into their very own homes.3-Disc ‘Wocka-Wocka Value Pack’
(1-Disc Blu-ray + 1-Disc DVD + Digital Copy + Soundtrack Digital Download Card)
Includes:2-Disc Combo Pack (1-Disc Blu-ray + 1 Disc DVD)
• The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think) - A laugh out loud look at the actors’ funny gaffs and gags from behind the scenes of making Disney’s “The Muppets.”
• Disney Intermission - Groundbreaking Blu-ray feature. Pausing a movie will never be this much fun, as the Muppets take over the screen every time you stop the disc!
• Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney’s “The Muppets.” Hosted by unit production manager monster J.G., the cast and crew take a behind the scenes look at making Muppet and movie history.
• Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song. Rapping his way through the story of his miserable life, Tex tells audiences why he turned out to be such a rotten guy.
• A Little Screen Test on the way to the Read Through. This hilarious footage follows the Muppet gang as they go to their first table reading of the script.
• Eight Deleted Scenes
• Audio Commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
• The Combo Pack also comes with the popular theatrical spoof trailers
• The Complete Soundtrack
• The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We think).1-Disc DVD + Soundtrack Digital Download Card
• Disney Intermission
• Scratching the Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney’s “The Muppets”
• Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song
• A Little Screen Test on the Way to the Read Through
• Deleted Scenes
• Audio commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
• Hidden Easter Eggs
• The longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think)1-Disc DVD
• Complete Soundtrack
• The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think)Digital Bonus Exclusive Includes:
• Inside Walter’s Trailer. Take a peek inside Walter’s star trailer as he prepares to play his big role.3-Disc Blu-ray with Soundtrack (‘Wocka-Wocka Value Pack’)
= $49.99 U.S./$56.99 Canada2-Disc Blu-ray
= $39.99 U.S./$46.99 Canada1-Disc DVD with Soundtrack
= $34.99/$41.99 Canada1-Disc DVD
= $29.99 U.S./$35.99 CanadaHigh Definition Digital
= $39.99 U.S./$44.99 Canada Standard Definition Digital = $29.99 U.S./$35.99 Canada On-Demand
= check with your television provider or favorite digital retailer for pricing