In the new movie Total Recall
, in theaters August 3rd, an ordinary factory worker visits Rekall – the company that can give you real memories of a fantastic life. In Sony Pictures Entertainment’s “Welcome to Rekall” sweepstakes at http://www.WelcomeToRekall.com
, moviegoers will get their chance to bring the Rekall experience to life with a fantasy sweepstakes package.
In addition, all visitors to the site will be able to link their Facebook profiles to their entry to receive a personalized Rekall video, detailing the story of their brand new memories and successful Rekall experience, which they can share with their friends on Facebook.
With nine different categories to choose from, moviegoers will enter to win a premium prize package with top partners:
- The Sports Anchor winner will spend the day at ESPN headquarters to get the full experience of a day in studio, provided by ESPN
- The Rock Star winner will hang with Green Day, attend a sound check and receive backstage access provided by Pandora
- The Fashionista winner will meet Heidi Klum and her stylist in Los Angeles, sponsored by AOL
- The Secret Agent winner will attend the Stiletto Spy School or the MI6 Academy, sponsored by Yahoo! Movies
- The UFC Champion winner, sponsored by UFC, will train with pro fighters and sit octagonside with the trainer
- The Celebrity winner will live like a celebrity in Los Angeles and attend a red carpet event, sponsored by Wonderwall
- The DJ winner will receive DJ lessons from a high-profile DJ, sponsored by Complex
- The Video Gamer winner will travel to Microsoft headquarters to meet a game developer and receive the chance to battle it out with a pro, sponsored by Microsoft
- And the Millionaire winner will receive 1,000,000 Sony Rewards points, sponsored by Sony Rewards. With Sony Rewards, members can get rewarded for doing the things they already love – like going to the movies, playing games, sharing and more. The points can be used to redeem for the latest Sony electronics, movies, music and games – and even once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
In addition, there will be “Welcome to Rekall” experiences in New York, Los Angeles and at Comic-Con. At these special kiosks, users will be able to choose their Rekall experience and receive a photo badge of themselves experiencing the Rekall-provided memory.
Commenting on the announcement, Marc Weinstock, president of Worldwide Marketing for Sony Pictures, said, “Blurring the line between fantasy and reality and questioning what is real versus what is imagined is at the heart of this movie and our campaign. Through [url]welcometorekall.com[/url], moviegoers get a true taste of the Total Recall experience as they vie for real and unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to live out their own fantasies.”