Well, it's October, and with Halloween creeping just around the corner, it's the perfect season to sit down and watch a horror film.
But why do some of the characters do the stupidest things at the most inappropriate times?
Here are 13 rules that may insure that your favorite character makes it to the final reel.
1) When you have the benefit of numbers, NEVER, EVER pair off or go alone.
2) It is very, VERY dangerous to back into or through rooms.
3) Do NOT search the basement. (Especially if the power is out.)
4) If relatives or pets come back from the dead, stay as far away from them as possible.
5)If your companions exhibit uncharacteristic behavior (i.e. hissing, biting, thirst for blood and flesh, howling, glowing eyes, etc...), see rule 4.
6) If your companions start turning up dead, make yourself scarce. (Worry about funerals later.)
7) NEVER stand in, on, above, below, beside or near any grave, tomb, crypt or mausoleum.
If you find something that appears to be alive that you cannot identify, don't pick it up, touch it or put your face near it.
9) If you are searching for the source of a noise and find out that it is just the cat, leave immediately.
10) If you find a town which looks deserted, it's probably for a reason. STAY AWAY.
11) Never pick up a hitchhiker that looks like Santa Claus.
12) Never speak to clowns in sewers. (Or any clown for that matter.)
13) If you are alone in a house and something calls your name, leave immediately through an exit in the opposite direction of the voice. (If there is not an exit, make one.)
Hopefully these tips will help enhance your viewing pleasure, and maybe your favorite character will survive for a sequel.
Bonus. 14) It's okay to occasionally root for the 'bad guy'. (Sometimes, they're the brightest of the bunch.)